Facts Borders should consider before coming to Davis
Many members of "Friends of Davis (Our Town)" championed the following issues:
The citizens of Davis continue to shape the destiny of their town and with continual positive re-inforcement, they are more determined and motivated than ever before.
- No on Measure E
- -- Measure E was defeated on Tuesday March 3, 1997.
- No Cost U Less in Davis ("Mom and Pop" grocery store preferable)
- -- Cost U Less closed on Friday, March 21, 1997.
The following should indicate that Borders will have a tough go of it in Davis.
- Opponents to a Borders in Davis filled the Chambers of City Hall on March 19.
- Citizens spoke out on the Borders issue for 1.5 hours on March 19.
- Close to 4,000 signatures have been collected to petition the City Council on this issue
- Hundreds of Citizens have pledged $1 and have committed to a boycott of a Borders in
- Citizens have pledged to man picket lines in Davis for 2 years
- Citizens have pledged to house pickets from similarly affected groups across the country
- for 2 years
[ Homepage ]